8 BALL3 SWB CAMPER SPECIFICATION
1 . VAN STRIP
We strip out all rear wooden lining panels and Volkswagen grey trim panels, including all doors, head lining and front cab head lining. This also includes floor sliding door step and rear step. At this stage we give the van a full clean out.
The van is then fitted with floor spacers and insulation and the new floor is fixed on top to give a solid base for seat and cupboard system to be fixed on to. We then insulate all of the side panels and doors with eco wool and fit new taylor made side panel to maximize heat and noise efficiency.
- All new interior panels
- All new floor
- Insulated through out
2 . ELEVATING ROOF
The van is now fitted with a AUSTOP slimline roof with rear scissor hinges:
Austop elevating slimline roof:
- Scissor hinge
- Full bed kit
There is an extra charge of £400 plus VAT if your vehicle is in a metalic paint and you want it to match.
3 . WINDOWS
We mark out window aperture and then mask off area around the window, cut out the window holes, treat the metal and fit rubber edging and bond in the windows.
- SGI n/s/f fixed window in privacy
- SGI o/s/f sliding window in privacy
Other windows may be fitted with an additional change.
4 . TRIMMING
Van is now fully trimmed (colour of your choice) in Veltrim, Altro floor and faux suede door cards and head lining.
- Altro floor
- New side step with light
- New full width rear step
- Faux suede door panels and head lining
- Van X black curtains
- Front thermal window blinds
5 . ELECTRICS
We then wire all of the camper electrics. All wires are double insulated fixed and labelled every 200mm on the outer conduit 12v and 240v. All electrical components are listed below:
- Exide es900 900wh gel battery
- Durite 0-727-33 12 volt 140 amp charge relay
- 20 amp circuit breaker
- 15 amp wurth fuse holder
- 12 volt relay
- 18 metres black flexible conduit
- 19 metres 6.0mm bs6231 red tri rated cable
- 4 metres .75mm bs6231 red tri rated cable
- 1 metre .75mm bs6231 green tri rated cable
- Sargent ec155 power supply unit ec50 control panel 240 volt and 12 volt harness
- 240 volt hook point
- 2 x 3 pin slimline power points
- 12 volt charge socket
- 6 x flush round led lights
- Flush round bed light
- Lab craft nebula strip light
- Waeco cr50 compressor fridge
- Carbon monoxide alarm
- Under seat battery bracket
- Lots and lots of terminal connector and cable ties
6 . 8 BALL CUPBOARD SYSTEM
Our cupboard system has been designed by us to be both functional and stylish, while still providing the maximum storage space using the best possible materials. We also fit upper lockers above the cooker and rear seat as standard. With soft close on all doors for noise reduction and a quality feel.
- Five 8×4 sheets of lightweight furniture ply (Vohringer, Decalan, or Moorland lightweight ply).
- One 28mm black granite effect worktop.
Nine bespoke hand made cupboard doors with signature silver edging.
- 2.5m of 1 1/4 inch continuous hinge for the upper lockers.
- Four 110 degree concealed hinges.
- Two 160 degree concealed hinges for the front wardrobe door.
- Thirteen brushed nickel plated push button door latches
- Eleven metres of silver knock in edging (only used on high impact areas for durability)
- Thirty five metres of silver iron on edge trim to seal and protect the wood.
- 500mm of silver gallery rail.
- Two 450mm soft close ball bearing draw runners.
- Nine wurth soft close door pins
- Four sprung door lid stays for upper lockers
- One table rail and foldaway table leg
7 . KITCHEN AND SINK
All our camper vans come with an LPG approved gas locker, which are fully inspected by an external gas engineer. We have also incorporated an internal 23 litre water tank that is filled from the rear, new for 2016!
- SMEV 8800sink \ 1 ring cooker unit
- 3 metres of 8 mm gas pipe
- 1 x gas shut off valve
- 1 x gas test T
- 1 x gas regulator
- 1 x flexi gas bottle connector pipe
- 1 x gas bottle strap
- 4 x gas drop vents
- 1 x 8 mm gas pipe connector
- Fire extinguisher
- Taylor made gas locker
- 23 litre water tank with water pump
- Water tap
- Water fill point
- Water drain point
- 4 x hose clip
- 900 mm x 40 mm diameter water pipe
- 1850 mm x 10 mm diameter water pipe
8 . REAR PASSENGER SEATING
We feel that safety is a key factor and will only fit crash tested rear seats. As standard in all our VW Camper Conversions we fit RIB Altair [SCOPEMA] rear seats and we are one of the UK importers.
In this conversion the rear seat comes standard with integral head rest and a sliding base to maximize bed length and boot storage in the LWB VW T5 & T6 camper van. It comes as standard in Volkswagen cloth unless you request another materials (ie. leather, faux suede or a cloth of your choice), there are many options including coloured stitching and embroidery.
- RIB altair 130 cm rear side [seats three]
- Integral head rests
- Sliding base
- Rear seat belts
All seats come pre-assembled at factory in France with seat belt already fitted.
8 BALL CAMPER CONVERSION WARRANTY & COST
This VW T5 & T6 Camper Conversion with all that is listed above, comes at the cost of £12,000 plus VAT [inc. VAT £14,400]. There are no hidden extras, just drive a VW T5 or T6 Transporter in and drive an 8 Ball Camper out!
360° VIEW OF OUR CAMPERS