8BALL2 LONG WHEELBASE VW CAMPER
The 8 Ball2 LWB maximises living space and allows even more cupboard space, giving you as much comfort and storage as possible.
The following camper has listed below every thing that is fitted as standard based on a LWB T6.1 T6 & T5 Volkswagen transporter panel van. The description below is in order of build process.
This VW T6.1, T6 & T5 camper conversion with all that is listed below comes at the cost of £13,350 plus VAT [inc. VAT £16,020]. There are no hidden extras, just drive a VW T6.1, T6 or T5 Transporter in and drive an 8 Ball Camper out!
All of our camper van conversions come with a 2 year parts and labour warranty. This covers all of the camper conversion work carried out. There is also a 5 year warranty on the Austops elevating roof.
This VW camper conversion with all that is listed below, comes at the cost of £12,720 plus VAT [inc. VAT £15,264]. There are no hidden extras, just drive a VW T6.1, T6 or a T5 Transporter in and drive an 8 Ball Camper out!
8BALL2 LWB VW CAMPER
1. VAN STRIP
We strip out all rear wooden lining panels and Volkswagen grey trim panels including all doors head lining and front cab head lining. This also includes floor sliding door step and rear step at this stage we give the van a full clean out.
The van is then fitted with floor spacers and insulation and the new floor is fixed on top to give a solid base for seat and cupboard system to be fixed to. We then insulate all of the side panels and doors with eco wool and fit new taylor made side panel to maximize heat and noise efficiency.
All new interior panels fitted. New floor installed. Fully insulated throughout.
2. ELEVATING ROOF
The van is now fitted with an Austops* slimline roof, including scissor hinges and a full bed kit.
There is an additional charge of £475 plus VAT if your vehicle has metallic paint you want it to match.
* alternative pop-top roof manufactures are available. Please contact us to discuss.
We mark out window aperture and then mask off area around the window cut out the window holes treat the metal and fit rubber edging and bond in the windows.
n/s/f fixed window in privacy. SGI o/s/f sliding window in privacy. Other windows may be fitted with an extra change.
Van is now fully trimmed (colour of your choice) in veltrim , altro floor and faux suede door cards and head lining:
- Altro floor
- New side step with light
- New full width rear step
- Faux suede door panels and head lining
- Van X black curtains
- Front thermal window blinds
We then wire all of the camper electrics. All wires are double insulated fixed and labelled every 200mm on the outer conduit 12v and 240v all electrical components are listed below:
- 900wh gel battery
- Durite 0-727-33 12 volt 140 amp charge relay
- 20 amp circuit breaker
- 15 amp wurth fuse holder
- 12 volt relay
- 18 metres black flexible conduit
- 19 metres 6.0mm bs6231 red tri rated cable
- 4 metres .75mm bs6231 red tri rated cable
- 1 metre .75mm bs6231 green tri rated cable
- BCA power distribution unit with bespoke controller & loom
- 240 volt hook point
- 2 x 3 pin slimline power points
- Double USB charging points
- 4 x flush round led lights
- Flush round bed light
- Lab craft nebula strip light
- 50 litre compressor fridge
- Carbon monoxide alarm
- Under seat battery bracket
- Lots and lots of terminal connector and cable ties
6. 8 BALL CUPBOARD SYSTEM
Our cupboard system has been designed by us to be both functional and stylish, while still providing the maximum storage space using the best possible materials. We also fit upper lockers above the cooker and rear seat as standard. with soft close on all doors for noise reduction and a quality feel:
- Four 8×4 sheets of lightweight furniture ply (Vohringer, Decalan, or Moorland lightweight ply).
- One 28mm black granite effect worktop.
- Nine bespoke hand made cupboard doors with signature silver edging.
- 2.5m of 1 1/4 inch continuous hinge for the upper lockers.
- Four 110 degree concealed hinges.
- Two 160 degree concealed hinges for the front wardrobe door.
- Thirteen brushed nickel plated push button door latches
- Eleven metres of silver knock in edging (only used on high impact areas for durability)
- Thirty five metres of silver iron on edge trim to seal and protect the wood.
- 500mm of silver gallery rail.
- Two 450mm soft close ball bearing draw runners.
- Nine wurth soft close door pins
- Four sprung door lid stays for upper lockers
- One table rail and foldaway table leg
7. KITCHEN AND SINK
All our camper vans come with an LPG approved gas locker that are fully inspected by an external gas engineer. We have also incorporated an internal 23 litre water tank that is filled from the rear, new for 2016!
- SMEV 8822 sink 2 ring cooker unit
- 3 metres of 8 mm gas pipe
- 1 x gas shut off valve
- 1 x gas test T
- 1 x gas regulator
- 1 x flexi gas bottle connector pipe
- 1 x gas bottle strap
- 4 x gas drop vents
- 1 x 8 mm gas pipe connector
- Fire extinguisher
- Taylor made gas locker
- 23 litre water tank with water pump
- Water tap
- Water fill point
- Water drain point
- Hose clip
- 900 mm x 40 mm diameter water pipe
- 1850 mm x 10 mm diameter water pipe
8. REAR PASSENGER SEATING
We feel that safety is a key factor and will only fit crash tested rear seats as standard in all our VW camper conversions. We fit RIB Altair [SCOPEMA] rear seats and we are one of the UK importers.
In this conversion the rear seat comes standard with integral head rest and a fixed base to maximize bed length and boot storage in the SWB VW T6.1, T6 & T5 camper van. It comes as standard in Volkswagen cloth unless you request another materials (ie. leather, faux suede, or a cloth of your choice) there are many options including coloured stitching and embroidery.
- RIB altair 112 cm rear side [seats two]
- Integral head rests
- Fixed base
- Rear seat belts
All seats come pre-assembled at factory in France, with seat belt already fitted.
The front passenger seat is converted into a swivel seat (single or double).
8BALL DIGITAL MANUAL
20 Years Of Trust
You're In Safe Hands
With over 20 years of experience, we recongnise the fundamentals of what makes a great camper van. All of our camper conversions are certified to the highest standards.
Custom Built Camper Vans
All of our VW Camper Conversions are custom built, right here in the UK. All of workmanship is carried out at our HQ in Yorkshire. We build everything our selves from the ground up, and covered by warranty.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
“Incredible attention to detail. The guys at 8-Ball helped me find a van to convert and after a few meetings we agreed the spec and I got everything I wanted.”
“Comfortable living. The comfortable living space and extra storage that your design gives us is incredible. I would have no hesitation in recommending your conversions”
“High quality & full customised. If you’re looking for a high quality and fully customised individual camper conversion then look no further than 8 Ball Campers”
Latest Camper News & Blogs
Key choices when briefing your converter
We talk to The Camper Van Channel around the accessory options available to you when briefing your camper van convertor.
Choosing the best van for your camper conversion
Considering a camper van conversion but unsure about the base van? We talk with The Camper Van Channel about selecting the correct van for your conversion.
We love hearing from and seeing our customers' camper vans being used. We would love you to share photographs of your adventures 8 Ball Camper Vans, simply use the #8ballcamper hashtag on social media.
Get In Touch
18 Rowley Road
Little Weighton, Hull
East Yorkshire, HU20 3XQ
Phone & Email
Monday-Thursday: 9am - 5pm
Friday: 9am - 4pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
8 Ball Camper Conversions have been converting VW vans into stunning campers and surf-day vans for over 20 years. We pride ourselves on our build quality and simplicity of our designs. Only the highest quality lightweight materials are used.
8 Ball Camper Conversions Ltd.
18 Rowley Road
Little Weighton, Hull
T. 01482 848236